Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 1 - Meditation Challenge

Meditation helps you become more aware
of your surroundings
I started a Meditation challenge today. In order to be able to properly decide if meditation is truly for me, I have to give it a fair chance. I figure 90 days is a perfect amount of time to fall in love with it, or for it to grow to be my enemy - unlikely.

I started with a simple 10 minutes today, I listened to a guided meditation by Daniel Goleman. Specifically, his mindfulness meditation. It was supposed to be 14 minutes, but my back was starting to really hurt, so I had to cut it short. During meditation you are supposed to sit up straight, and my posture is horrible. I have been working on it though, I wonder how long does it take to correct posture?

Well that gives me a great idea for a new post! exercises to improve posture. I have been given some good ones from my physiotherapist.

Back to the point! I felt good during my meditation, I found that 10 minutes wasn't too hard to sit through. I think that it is a great start. I look forward to tomorrows meditation.

Short-Term Goal: Be able to meditate for 15-20 minutes by the end of June.

Long-Term Goal: Meditate twice daily, for a total of 1 hour and 15minutes by Christmas. (Assuming I fall in love with meditation and decide to stick with it past the 90 days)

I'm not sure if my long-term goal is realistic or not. I will be able to better judge the time frame when I have a little more experience. I encourage you to try meditation if you haven't. Set goals for yourself, and write them down so you don't forget them.

If you are interested, join me in the 90 challenge!

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment