Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Little Background

Hi! My name is Tess.

About a year and a half ago I had lost a bunch of weight. And over the past 6 months, I have managed to put it back on. I have been really struggling. I have trouble sleeping at night, I have fought some episodes of depression - usually lasting 1-3 weeks. And as I'm sure you have guessed I have had a lot of trouble with my nutrition and fitness/exercise regimen. All in all I am feeling pretty horrible.

I had started going to BCIT last fall and I was doing quite well, I was fighting through my anxiety and depression and really thought I was going to succeed. I don't really know what happened, but I had 6 weeks left in the year and I just stopped going. I cried on the phone to my best friend for a solid hour after I had missed that first week. I told her I couldn't go back I had missed too much. (Which if I had just gone back that second week I could have caught up). I am so embarrassed and ashamed about it only my family and closest friends know about it. I haven't told anyone else. For some reason, I always seem to sabotage myself when I am doing well. This needs to stop now.

The way I see it: I have hit rock bottom and there's no where to go but up. I have decided to put everything that has happened over the past couple of years behind me and start anew.

This is why I am starting a new blog! I want to completely change my life. And not for only a year or two; for good!

I want this blog to motivate me to make a better life for myself and hopefully others too! I want to be happy with myself. And rather than wait for everything to just happen for me (which I feel like I have been doing lately) I am going to put the hard effort in and make the change.

This is my 180 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment