Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meditation


As I have been having trouble sleeping, have been dealing with some depression, and I seem to be exhausted all the time, I have decided to try is meditation. I have heard so many good things about meditation, and I truly believe it will help me to reach my goal to life a better healthier happier life.

I will start by doing it every day for 10 minutes working my way up to 30 minutes.

I am wondering about others' experience is with meditation though. I would love to hear your advice.

Here are a few of my questions:
  • Is it best done at night before bed? Or in the morning after waking up? 
  • Should you not do it on a full stomach? Or does that even make a difference?
  • Should I meditate to soft soothing music or maybe some ocean sounds, a guided meditation or nothing at all? Also, if you do have any specific music suggestions I'd love to hear them!
  • Do you sit on the floor cross legged or on a chair? What about a balance ball?
What has worked best for you? I know that you are supposed to do whatever works best for you, but I would really like to hear what has and hasn't worked for others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment